Question: How does he make these transitions? What affect do they have on the forward momentum of the piece?
Answer: Momaday structures his piece by adding poems in between some paragraphs. This adds a dramatic effect to the transitions. In my opinion, it draws the reader more into what they are writing about because it adds a different tone to the story. This allows the reader to stay focused and keep a fresh mind towards it. The piece stays in a steady flow throughout because of the smooth transitions even between the poems and essay writing.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with everything you are saying about the transitions in this writing. One thing that you pointed out that I forgot to put in my blog was the poems. I also believe they added an emotional effect without ruining the transition of the writing.
ReplyDelete